Definición de keeping en inglés:
The action or fact of owning, maintaining, or protecting something: the keeping of dogs [in combination]: careful record-keeping is needed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He's given some to his most trusted companions for safe keeping, transferred some to more secret and more protected hiding places.
- Accurate daily record keeping is useful for both your health care team and family to assist you with managing your diabetes.
- Partnership law and partnership record keeping can be difficult to follow and understand.
in someone's keeping
- In someone’s care or custody: in their keeping were some of the oldest songs of the tribeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was kind to animals and ensured quality care for them while they were in his keeping.
- Northern Ireland were the last winners of this sadly defunct competition and the elaborate silver cup is in their keeping.
- I'm sure that two slightly dodgy copies of eighteenth-century portraits and casts of busts of Sir Walter and Napoleon would be quite safe in my keeping.
in (or out of) keeping with
- In (or out of) harmony or conformity with: the cuisine is in keeping with the hotel’s Edwardian characterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a noble sentiment and entirely in keeping with the true spirit of the Olympics.
- The bridge is an eyesore and is totally out of keeping with the natural beauty and harmony of the river valley.
- As with other settlement bills, its format is in keeping with what has gone before.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán