- 1A large brown seaweed that typically has a long, tough stalk with a broad frond divided into strips: a large bed of kelp [count noun]: there are several kelps found in the lower zones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Laminariaceae, class Phaeophyceae, including the genera Laminaria (used in some areas as manure) and Macrocystis (harvested in the US as a source of algin)
- Two wholesome brown kelps that are popular among Japanese diners are kombu and arame.
- In aquatic habitats, bryozoans may be found on all types of hard substrates: sand grains, rocks, shells, wood, and blades of kelps and other algae may be heavily encrusted with bryozoans.
- Many large kelps use gas-filled floatation bladders to keep their large blades near the surface, and therefore in the light.
- 1.1The calcined ashes of seaweed, used as a source of various salts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I apply an organic fertilizer high in trace elements and kelp.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de kelpDefinición de kelp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.