Definición de kenosis en inglés:
(In Christian theology) the renunciation of the divine nature, at least in part, by Christ in the Incarnation.
- Herbert appeals to the imagery of divine kenosis.
- For Bulgakov, kenosis, the divine self-diminution, is the core revelation of who God is.
- Theology has typically confined the concept of kenosis to the incarnation of the Son.
- Example sentences
- If, at the same time, we understand divine judgment as kenotic and eschatological, we will be driven to deny that anything we understand by judgment might represent it.
- The divine judgment is unexpected, kenotic, eschatological, and apophatically affirmed and denied.
- This in no way means that God is powerless, as some critics of kenotic theology have complained.
Words that rhyme with kenosisapotheosis, chlorosis, cirrhosis, diagnosis, halitosis, hypnosis, meiosis, metempsychosis, misdiagnosis, mononucleosis, myxomatosis, necrosis, neurosis, osmosis, osteoporosis, prognosis, psittacosis, psychosis, sclerosis, symbiosis, thrombosis, toxoplasmosis, trichinosis, tuberculosis
Definición de kenosis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan