- 1A brightly coloured cloth consisting of separate strips sewn together, made in Ghana.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The men wear hand woven kente cloths draped over the left shoulder, with a ready-made short sleeved shirt underneath.
- Artists and objects travel between worlds, travel whose earliest documentation may be found in the affinities between African American quilting traditions and west African strip-woven cloth such as kente.
- For the Asante, the people most closely associated with kente, the cloth shifts from being a marker of class and regional origins to serving as ritual costume, nationalist statement, and marketing device.
- 1.1 [count noun] A long garment made from kente, worn loosely around the shoulders and waist.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nigerians wear the boubou, Ghanaians the kente, former president Mobutu Sese Seko of the former Zaire made the safari suit his own.
from Akan, literally 'cloth'.
Más definiciones de kenteDefinición de kente en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.