Change or become changed into a form containing keratin: [with object]: the products of the epidermal line are ultimately keratinized [no object]: the cells keratinize under oestrogenic action
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tumors that arise distally below the dentate line are typically keratinizing squamous cell cancers.
- Earliest changes in the hair follicle occur when the follicular canal becomes blocked with abnormally keratinized desquamating cells.
- The stratum corneum, the top layer, is composed of dead keratinized cells.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Occasionally, the reactive keratinocytes may show individual keratinization and nonatypical mitosis.
- Two of the subjects had keratinization of the palms, and one had keratinization of the feet.
- Neoplastic cells may be oval, polyhedral, spindle-shaped, or giant, although in an undifferentiated carcinoma they present as small cells without keratinization.
Late 19th century: from Greek keratinos 'horny' + -ize.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: kera¦tin|ize
Definición de keratinize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda