Change or become changed into a form containing keratin: [with object]: the products of the epidermal line are ultimately keratinized [no object]: the cells keratinize under oestrogenic action
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tumors that arise distally below the dentate line are typically keratinizing squamous cell cancers.
- Earliest changes in the hair follicle occur when the follicular canal becomes blocked with abnormally keratinized desquamating cells.
- The stratum corneum, the top layer, is composed of dead keratinized cells.
late 19th century: from Greek keratinos 'horny' + -ize.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Occasionally, the reactive keratinocytes may show individual keratinization and nonatypical mitosis.
- Two of the subjects had keratinization of the palms, and one had keratinization of the feet.
- Neoplastic cells may be oval, polyhedral, spindle-shaped, or giant, although in an undifferentiated carcinoma they present as small cells without keratinization.
Más definiciones de keratinizeDefinición de keratinize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.