Definición de kerchief en inglés:
- My mom is extremely self-conscious about her hair loss and always wears a bandanna or kerchief to cover her head.
- From the back, hundreds of women looked like my mother, bent kneeling with bowed heads, kerchiefs or chapel veils covering their heads.
- Not all Muslim women wear a veil, but among those who do, styles vary wildly, from simple kerchiefs and elaborate head scarves to full face-and-body coverings.
- But his prayers to Saint Veronica, who is credited with giving Jesus a kerchief to wipe his brow on the road to Golgotha, apparently go unanswered.
- Sniffing, Hanna wiped at her face with her kerchief.
- I wiped the tears from my face with a kerchief he offered me.
- kerchiefed adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They were defeated by kerchiefed mothers and grandmothers silently walking in a circle day after day displaying their grief and the General's crimes for all to see.
Middle English kerchef, from Old French cuevrechief, from couvrir 'to cover' + chief 'head'.
The early spelling was kerchef, from Old French cuevrechief, from couvrir ‘to cover’ and chief ‘head’. It was formerly used to describe a woman's head-dress, a type of cloth covering over the hair. The word was used meaning ‘cloth’ as the second element of handkerchief from the mid 16th century.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.