1 (usually as noun kerning) Adjust the spacing between (characters) in a piece of text to be printed: there was not facility for accurate kerning on a global basis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although, I am pleased and happily surprised that words like superscript, subscript, proportionally spaced fonts, kerning, etc. are being used in the mainstream media, I don't believe anyone is really listening.
- Cease any talk of font analysis, kerning, superscripts or anything else of a typographical nature.
- The typesetting shows problems as well, and the kerning and word-spacing in some lines is so awkward as to render the line almost unreadable.
sustantivoVolver al principio
Palabras que riman con kernadjourn, astern, Berne, burn, churn, concern, discern, earn, fern, fohn, learn, Lucerne, quern, Sauternes, spurn, stern, Sterne, tern, terne, Traherne, turn, urn, Verne, yearn
1 historical A light-armed Irish foot soldier.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Composition involved, in Gaelic parts, the commutation of the chief's right to take up supplies for his household and quarter his kerne and galloglass on his subjects for defence.
- The crude unsigned illustrations depict the activities of the Irish kern, while the refined signed cuts offer images of a resplendent English contingent led by Sir Henry Sidney in the name of the Queen.
- Recruiting large numbers of Gaelic kern, they then invaded England, landing at Furness in Lancashire, and immediately made for Richard III's old power base in north Yorkshire.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India