- A complex fossilized organic material, found in oil shale and other sedimentary rock, which is insoluble in common organic solvents and yields petroleum products on distillation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bulk of organic matter in sedimentary rocks is in the form of kerogen: complex polymeric material that is insoluble in inorganic solvents, and difficult to analyse chemically.
- These indices are independent of the organic matter abundance and strongly related to the elemental composition of kerogen.
- It should be mentioned that the bulk of reduced carbon on Earth is sediment-bound kerogen, which most probably is of biological origin.
early 20th century: from Greek kēros 'wax' + -gen.
Más definiciones de kerogenDefinición de kerogen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.