- 1A prevailing tone or central theme: individuality is the keynote of the NinetiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The keynote for the tone of the series was a credible representation of the lives of its three central characters.
- There were keynote addresses, and smaller seminars and workshops.
- An estimated 10,000 to 20,000 participated in the demonstration while the prime minister was delivering his annual keynote economic speech.
- 1.1 [as modifier] (Of a speech) setting out the central theme of a conference: he delivered the keynote addressMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The three working days of the conference were wall-to-wall keynote speeches, which, for the press at least, were punctuated by press conferences which were often better value.
- The first one would be like a first draft of a Progressive Democrat conference keynote speech, and the second is like a homily from a stern and admonishing bishop.
- I want to hang out with my same old friends, but at the same time I want to talk to people who are giving keynote speeches at conferences to ask them for tips and advice and so forth.
- 2 Music The note on which a key is based.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They also should be able to sing the keynote of a tonal pattern or song presented by the teacher.
- Studies of tonality have shown that listeners agree on the keynote of a musical excerpt and that the listeners in turn agree with the composer.
- All three forms have in common the flattened third scale degree, producing a characteristic minor 3rd with the keynote.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Change is Inevitable: Growth is Optional’ will be the topic of discussion for this keynoter, who is a former camper and counselor.
- I'm appalled that the Republican party would use as its keynoter someone who was once a proud segregationist.
- I had ample opportunity to depart from my prepared texts during five workshops to sound a note discordant from the previous keynoters.