Definición de kid gloves en inglés:
1Gloves made of fine kid leather.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Come on, try and imagine me, Mike Da Hat, rock star, wearing white kid gloves and a pinny.
- The portrait of him in Plate V not only gives details of his club but also of the usual golfing attire, including the kid gloves with the fingertips cutoff, presumably for a better feel while taking a stroke.
- Placing her wide-brimmed chocolate velvet hat atop her head and tugging on her cream kid gloves, Rebecca took a deep breath for courage and strolled down the wide, sweeping staircase as though she hadn't a care in the world.
1.1 (also kid-glove) [as modifier] Used in reference to careful and delicate treatment of a person or situation: the star is getting kid-glove treatment
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This kid-glove treatment of Wall Street crooks provides a profound example of how we continue to operate under two vastly different sets of rules in this country - one for a select group of elites and one for the rest of America.
- Dismissal from the premier competition is a high a price to pay for an ‘error’ in a year where others have been given the kid-glove treatment for similar transgressions.
- Someone who wasn't tiptoeing around me, and who didn't mind being angry at me - it was a breath of fresh air after all the kid-glove treatment.
handle (or treat) someone/thing with kid gloves
- Deal with someone or something very carefully or tactfully: the secretary treated her with kid glovesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A policeman stuck his head into the window and gave us a giant grin, setting the tone for what was to become a surreal detention where we were handled with kid gloves - although threat was never far from the surface.
- All this to say, that if you know how to roll a good cigar, the government treats you with kid gloves and rubber bullets.
- Despite periodic nastiness from both sides, it is also surprisingly sedate, given the immensity of the issues at stake, thanks partly to a domestic media which treats both candidates with kid gloves.
Definición de kid gloves en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán