Definición de kingdom en inglés:
1A country, state, or territory ruled by a king or queen: the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bright lights illuminate a picture of the ancient kingdom's king and queen, and Xinjiang musical instruments hang on the wall.
- The story of Oedipus begins north of ancient Athens, in the kingdom of Thebes where King Laius and his wife, Jocasta, had a son.
- Her mother was a powerful queen who ruled the kingdom with an iron fist.
1.1A realm associated with or regarded as being under the control of a particular person or thing: the kingdom of dreams
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And at no point have I heard that the symphonic tunes of a mellow saxophone are particularly associated with the Mormon kingdom.
- She instantly let out of a wow forming a big O with her mouth, like I am not supposed to be able to make friends outside the little kingdom of my employer.
- The numbing effect of this is that we are at risk of becoming, as Manning once said, subjects in the kingdom of nothingness.
2The spiritual reign or authority of God.
- In its religious sense, kingdom is ‘the spiritual reign or authority of God.’
- That said, obviously the kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom.
- Its inward sign is the true spiritual kingdom: the covenantal relationship between God and believers.
2.1The rule of God or Christ in a future age.
- You see, I think that the ultimate triumph of the Cross, of good over evil, will only be complete in the future kingdom of God.
- We preach that in Christ and by Christ the kingdom of God has come and the day of salvation has arrived.
- Until then, let us be content - no, let us rejoice - to labour and toil for the kingdom of Christ.
2.2Heaven as the abode of God and of the faithful after death.
- Drawing death's sting, you opened the kingdom of heaven to all who would believe.
- Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
- From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3Each of the three traditional divisions (animal, vegetable, and mineral) in which natural objects have conventionally been classified.
- As for keeping their numbers down, leave it to mother nature, she'll sort out the animal kingdom the natural way.
- This implies that everything shares the same energy, allowing us to treat human diseases with medicines from plant, mineral and animal kingdoms from around the world.
- Until comparatively recently, living organisms were divided into two kingdoms: animal and vegetable, or the Animalia and the Plantae.
3.1 Biology The highest category in taxonomic classification.
- On the bright side, if students can get into the vertebrate examples discussed here, maybe some will plumb deeper into other phyla and kingdoms.
- He developed the system whereby every known living creature is assigned to a kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, and species.
- In a cursory survey of life it is obvious that a vast number of species spanning most kingdoms and phyla have features that are teleologically designed to deal out disease and/or death.
come into (or to) one's kingdom
- Achieve recognition or supremacy.Example sentences
- Continuing with Millar's book, one of the most striking passages early on is the almost random way he seems to have come into his kingdom.
- He's still quite raw, executing his wonders - those leaps, for instance, which are both thistledown light and precisely chiseled - with the air of a youthful prince or god who hasn't fully realized he's about to come into his kingdom.
till (or until) kingdom come
- informal Forever.Example sentences
- If you leaf through the New Testament from here until kingdom come, you won't find a parable about the good Australian Industrial Relations Commissioner.
- And present it in such a way that they will avoid challenging you until kingdom come!
- We could list all our deficits from now until kingdom come, but I think that the experience in Limerick in particular has shown, that the provision of a university is key!
to kingdom come
- informal Into the next world: the truck was blown to kingdom comeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And as such, it does raise questions about how far a non-ironic war movie can go in asking for peace and understanding while also glorifying the act of blowing the mysterious enemy to kingdom come.
- Both sides, but especially the Italians, used picks, shovels, and dynamite to tunnel deep underneath enemy camps and then blast their adversaries to kingdom come.
- Prisoners on Thailand's death row are doubtless delighted to know that they are now likely to be killed by lethal injection rather than strapped blindfolded to a pole and blasted to kingdom come by a mounted machine gun.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan