1.1A vertical bolt used as a pivot.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The offset barrel-shape wound spring changes the load path through the suspension, allowing the spring's axis to come in line with the kingpin instead of the strut, reducing lateral load on the upper strut bearing.
- If your trucks feel too tight or too loose grab your wrench and adjust them by turning the nut on the kingpin (if you have Grind Kings, you'll need to use an Allen key to tighten them).
2A person or thing that is essential to the success of an organization or operation: the kingpins of the television industry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The brains behind the operation, the drug kingpins, usually receive a get-out-of-jail-free card in exchange for giving information and writing a check.
- If a kidnap kingpin is operating high in the ranks of the police, this is a measure of the desperate urgency of what the public is up against.
- The new kid on the block - or off the block, as the case may be - is having a go at the main man, the kingpin.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: king|pin
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda