1A sink in a kitchen, used for washing dishes and preparing food: the traditional view of women as dedicated housewives tied to the kitchen sink is all but extinct
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At 6.30 am, I saw the water was above the kitchen sink.
- There are even a couple dozen in the cupboard space beneath the kitchen sink.
- I can no longer even see the taps in the kitchen sink.
1.1 [as modifier] (Of art forms) characterized by great realism in the depiction of drab or sordid subjects. The term is most used of post-war British drama, such as John Osborne’s Look Back in Anger (1956) and Arnold Wesker’s Roots (1959), which used working-class domestic settings rather than the drawing rooms of conventional middle-class drama.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It represents an encouraging change from the diet of mind-numbing police shows, insular kitchen-sink dramas and cynical comedies about working class families currently dominating local television.
- Written in 1958, this kitchen-sink drama was the work of a 19-year-old salesgirl who had left school at 16.
- It simply doesn't work - not least because kitchen-sink realism, often wonderful in films, is one of the most inert of all theatrical forms and the most boring for an audience to watch.
Definición de kitchen sink en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda