Definición de kitten en inglés:
1A young cat.
- Please think about adopting an adult cat rather than a kitten, because a kitten is always assured of a home!
- In the corner a tabby cat is curled round a nest of her kittens.
- I have nine cats, three of them kittens, and they all sleep with me at night.
1.1The young of several other animals, such as the rabbit and beaver.
- The mesh that protects the reserve is three centimetres in diameter, which is small enough to keep even rabbit kittens out.
- While the mother Cougar will look after her kittens for up to eighteen months, they are solitary animals and only come together to mate.
- Usually lynx roam a mile or two a day, but when the females prepare to have kittens, they zero in on a small area as they choose a den, aiming to hole up for a while.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- British informal Be extremely nervous or upset.Example sentences
- No-one seems to know who is paying - the Metropolitan Police Authority is rightly having kittens at the possible budget consequences, as most of the police officers qualified for the job come from their force.
- The PM's bodyguards must be having kittens.
- I don't know how captain Rhona Martin managed it because I was having kittens just watching.
Definición de kitten en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary