Definición de knick-knack en inglés:
Small worthless objects, especially household ornaments: the room was filled with tables, knick-knacks, and a large three-piece suite
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was stunned at the vast amount of knick-knacks and souvenirs - of value to his mother but to no one else.
- Browsing the shops is the main pastime: the stores offer rural knick-knacks and antiques as well as a fair amount of New Age wares such as quartz crystals, incense burners and Indian rugs.
- Shelving installed around the room up near the ceiling is great for keeping stuffed animals, framed photos and knick-knacks up and out of the way.
ornament, novelty, gewgaw, piece of bric-a-brac, bibelot, trinket, trifle, bauble, gimcrack, bagatelle, curio, curiosity, plaything, toy;
North American kickshaw;
late 16th century (in the sense 'a petty trick'): reduplication of knack.
- Example sentences
- You should seriously rethink all the little novelties and knickknackeries you have around your place.
- But in fact that Appalachian rusticity is quite appealing so the furniture & plates & metalware & humidors & sundry knickknackery are all quite lovely.
- Tin Star is a small storefront cafe mixed in among all the other small storefront cafes, bars, art galleries and purveyors of knickknackery along Evergreen's high street.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan