- A short stick with a knob at the top, traditionally used as a weapon by the indigenous peoples of South Africa.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a cold morning on Ray Street on 9 February 1955 when 2000 policemen, armed with guns, knobkerries and rifles, forcefully moved the families to Meadowlands, Soweto.
- The new mace, in the shape of a knobkierie, was designed to reflect the history, tradition, diversity, culture, and languages of South Africa.
- The physical abuse included severe beatings with knobkerries which resulted in bruises, broken limbs and widespread lacerations.
mid 19th century: from knob + -kerrie (from Nama kieri 'knobkerrie'), suggested by Afrikaans knopkierie.
Más definiciones de knobkerrieDefinición de knobkerrie en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.