- 1 • informal Grow old: she’s knocking on a bitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Henning was always a great defender, even when he was knocking on a bit.
- He's a hard-bitten, funny character who admits that he's knocking on.
- 2 (also knock the ball on) Rugby Illegally drive the ball with the hand or arm towards the opponents' goal line.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chris Spencer drove through the Elland defence but was judged to have knocked on after crossing the line.
- Neil Back escaped with a warning after deliberately knocking the ball on, just out of Burke's penalty reach.
- Rugby is a free flowing game and the play will only stop when somebody knocks the ball on or gives away a penalty.
Más definiciones de knock onDefinición de knock on en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.