Definición de knocker en inglés:
1A metal or wooden object hinged to a door and rapped by visitors to attract attention and gain entry.
- Brighton lifted the brass knocker on the door, and let it drop.
- Stepping resolutely forward, the red-head lifted the heavy brass knocker.
- He lifted the heavy knocker and knocked again.
2 informal A person who continually finds fault.
- What do the Bush detractors and the America knockers say now?
- The critics and the knockers were out in force to quickly write off their chances.
- Grant's gritty man-of-the-match performance against Crewe on Saturday was the perfect answer to criticism from manager Stan Ternent and the knockers in the Turf Moor stands.
on the knocker informal
- I would be out on the knocker canvassing for Dave Nellist if I could.
- Candidates on the knocker found crime and youth nuisance were the main issues concerning voters - with the health service and cash for schools also high priorities.
1British Going from door to door canvassing, buying, or selling.
Definición de knocker en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan