Definición de kosher en inglés:
- That's when you combine kosher salt, brown sugar, juniper berries, and a lot of water.
- But my mother was worried about how she would feed and care for four kids who could eat only kosher food.
- Or, scrub the pot with half a lemon sprinkled with kosher salt, and rinse thoroughly.
- I've talked to real witch hunters, kosher ones, who spent years and years going through real witchcraft trial evidence in France to see what the real witches were like but a lot of them were male.
- I know this isn't kosher, this isn't how you're supposed to read books!
- ‘I recognised from the beginning that it wasn't kosher,’ she told the inspectors.
Restrictions on the foods suitable for Jews are derived from rules in the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Animals must be slaughtered and prepared in the prescribed way, in which the blood is drained from the body, while certain creatures, notably pigs and shellfish, are forbidden altogether. Meat and milk must not be cooked or consumed together, and separate utensils must be kept for each. Strict observance of these rules is today confined mainly to Orthodox Jews
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Those who are strict about eating only glatt kosher meat eat only meat that is koshered within the three days of Shechita.
- All other oils not marked with a ` K’ have been made on equipment that may have been used for animal products and have been koshered in an acceptable manner.
- Liver may only be koshered by the broiling method, because it has so much blood in it and such complex blood vessels.
mid 19th century: from Hebrew kāšēr 'proper'.
keep (or eat) kosher
- Observe the Jewish food regulations (kashrut).Example sentences
- He explained the rituals of eating kosher and keeping Shabbat as spiritual practices.
- I figured there was no reason to mention that I now kept kosher and make a scene.
- His family kept kosher, went to services and developed its community around the temple.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.