(also kumiss or kumis)
- A fermented liquor prepared from mare’s milk, used as a drink and medicine by Asian nomads.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Australia's Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Chris Gallus, is heading out from the capital, Ulaanbaatar, to see a farming family and sample the traditional Mongolian drink, koumiss or fermented mare's milk.
- Some scientists think that yoghurt's predecessor was a fermented milk drink called ‘kumis’.
- Examples of traditional Kyrgyz food include manti (mutton dumplings), irikat (a type of pasta salad made with noodles, carrots, and radishes), and koumiss (fermented mare's milk).
late 16th century: based on Tartar kumiz.
Más definiciones de koumissDefinición de koumiss en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.