(also • archaic creese)
- A Malay or Indonesian dagger with a wavy-edged blade.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If a powerful spirit has possessed them, and if the blessing is successful, the kris will not penetrate and they will not bleed.
- There is often a mass killing that ends the performance as each person takes out a kris, the short zig-zag bladed knife, and stabs his own body.
- As Schama notes, the dagger used to puncture the hero's eye in the Blinding of Samson, one of Rembrandt's most dramatic history paintings, is a Javanese kris.
late 16th century: based on Malay keris.
Más definiciones de krisDefinición de kris en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.