Definición de Ku Klux Klan en inglés:
The Ku Klux Klan was originally founded in the Southern states after the Civil War to oppose social change and black emancipation by violence and terrorism. Although disbanded twice, it re-emerged in the 1950s and 1960s and continues at a local level. Members disguise themselves in white robes and hoods, and often use a burning cross as a symbol of their organization
- Ku Klux Klansman sustantivo (plural Klansmen)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They're bringing back the judge that was defeated when the Democrats had a majority who went easy on the Ku Klux Klansmen and they're all for that.
- A former mayor testified Monday for him in the 1964 slayings of three civil rights workers, standing up for the former Ku Klux Klansman and calling the white-supremacist group a "peaceful organization."
- He is minister of the New Christian Crusade Church, which was formed by James K Warner - a former Ku Klux Klansman and a founding member of the American Nazi Party.
Perhaps from Greek kuklos 'circle' and clan.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.