sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Excessive outward curvature of the spine, causing hunching of the back. Compare with lordosis.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Patients with postural kyphosis can generally correct the kyphosis by making a conscious effort to do so.
- The symptoms of kyphosis may resemble other spinal conditions or deformities, or may be a result of an injury or infection.
- Kyphosis is a progressive disorder that can affect children or adults in the thoracic or cervical spine.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vertebroplasty makes no attempt to restore height and correct the kyphotic deformity which results from an osteoporotic compression fracture.
- However, having said that, I remember reading about whether their doctor would correct the kyphotic curve in addition to the scoliosis.
- If asked to lift up both hands, this person will sink into a posterior pelvic tilt and kyphotic seated position, in an attempt to maintain sitting balance.
Mid 19th century: from Greek kuphōsis, from kuphos 'bent, hunchbacked'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ky|phosis
Definición de kyphosis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda