- A team game, originally played by North American Indians, in which the ball is thrown, carried, and caught with a long-handled stick having a curved L-shaped or triangular frame at one end with a piece of shallow netting in the angle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The club, originally formed in 1872, hosts cricket, tennis, hockey, squash, racquet ball and lacrosse.
- Now of course, this game wasn't called lacrosse by native Americans; they had all sorts of different names for it.
- Even in indoor lacrosse they dress like hockey goalies, with a huge chest protector and huge gloves.
mid 19th century: from French (le jeu de) la crosse '(the game of) the hooked stick'. Compare with crosse.
Más definiciones de lacrosseDefinición de lacrosse en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.