(Of a female mammal) secrete milk: (as adjective lactating) a concentrated dog food for lactating bitches
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I had earlier posted a picture of a stuffed calf hanging from a house front in Mylapore, and speculated that it was meant to keep the cow lactating.
- Such features may vary according to whether the patient was pregnant, lactating, or had recently terminated her pregnancy or lactation at the time of surgical excision.
- Testosterone given to lactating females actually reduces their aggressive reaction to males.
late 19th century: back-formation from lactation.
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A salt or ester of lactic acid.
- Some additives, such as salt, sodium lactate and phosphate, have antimicrobial activity.
- This suggests that the H-type LDH is utilized for oxidizing lactate to pyruvate and the M-type the reverse.
- Rolled barley decreased molar proportion of acetate and increased molar proportion of propionate and concentration of lactate in the cecal contents.