(Of a female mammal) secrete milk: (as adjective lactating) a concentrated dog food for lactating bitches
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I had earlier posted a picture of a stuffed calf hanging from a house front in Mylapore, and speculated that it was meant to keep the cow lactating.
- Such features may vary according to whether the patient was pregnant, lactating, or had recently terminated her pregnancy or lactation at the time of surgical excision.
- Testosterone given to lactating females actually reduces their aggressive reaction to males.
Late 19th century: back-formation from lactation.
Palabras que riman con lactateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight • tractate
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A salt or ester of lactic acid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some additives, such as salt, sodium lactate and phosphate, have antimicrobial activity.
- This suggests that the H-type LDH is utilized for oxidizing lactate to pyruvate and the M-type the reverse.
- Rolled barley decreased molar proportion of acetate and increased molar proportion of propionate and concentration of lactate in the cecal contents.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda