sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
A colourless syrupy organic acid formed in sour milk, and produced in the muscle tissues during strenuous exercise.
- Chemical formula: CH3CH(OH)COOH
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scheele also discovered many of what we now call organic acids, for example lactic acid in sour milk and citric, malic, and tartaric acids in fruits.
- Without these enzymes, lactic acid and other organic acids build up in the body.
- The effect of this is too gradually calm down the muscles but also to help the removal of lactic acid from the muscle tissues.
Definición de lactic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.