- Forming or conveying milk or milky fluid: lactiferous ductsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If a surgical procedure is necessary, care should be taken to preserve breast function by using a radial incision, which has less chance of severing the nerve supply or lactiferous ducts than the usual circumareolar incision.
- However, if the implant is placed on top of the pectoral muscle, it can exert pressure on the lactiferous ducts and glands, which will reduce lactation.
- An example is the inferior pedicle technique, in which the areola and nipple are moved while attached to a mound of tissue, called a pedicle, that contains the still-connected lactiferous ducts and nerves.
late 17th century: from Latin lac, lact- 'milk' + -ferous.
Más definiciones de lactiferousDefinición de lactiferous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.