sustantivo[usually treated as plural] (the laity)
- 1Lay people, as distinct from the clergy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Today divorced and remarried clergy and laity serve the church faithfully as full partners.
- The bishops - together with the laity and clergy - should be part of the creation of a healthy, revitalized church.
- In many cases it is being done by co-opting both the clergy and the laity, giving them no alternative except to acquiesce.
- 2Ordinary people, as distinct from professionals or experts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Never did Shaw speak a truer word, that all professions are conspiracies against the laity.
Más definiciones de laityDefinición de laity en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.