- The surrounding area has a man-made lake, surrounded by huge boathouses and houses.
- Ospreys live near rivers, estuaries, salt marshes, lakes, reservoirs, and other large bodies of water.
- I mean, they live basically off the fishing from the world's second largest freshwater lake.
- Set slid to the ground without a sound, blood pooling around him and forming a shallow lake of red liquid.
- Outside the concrete and brick building, people gingerly walked around small lakes of blood that pooled on the street.
- In particular, there is no conclusive evidence yet to either confirm or deny the presence of the putative lakes of liquid ethane on Titan's surface.
- The story is all the more remarkable when you take into account the size of Europe's wine lake and the stiff competition in today's crushingly crowded fine wine market.
- The grape spirit market was in decline, too, so the EC wine lake was overflowing.
- Critics say it has resulted in the grotesque and immoral destruction of produce - those wine lakes and butter mountains - to keep prices artificially high.
A lake was once a pond or pool: it is from Old French lac, from Latin lacus ‘basin, pool, lake’. A small lacus was a lacuna, which became laguna in Spanish and Italian, and became lagoon (early 17th century) in English.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This beautiful lakelet is atop a picturesque mountain and offers a panoramic view of Poonch.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
sustantivo[mass noun, often with modifier]
- The inclusion of azurite blue and lake glazes indicates that this was a sophisticated and expensive colour scheme.
- This mordant reacts with the dye alizarin to form a red lake, exactly as it does in a test tube in the typical analytical test for aluminum.
- Burnt umber, terre verte, red ochre, red lake and burnt sienna were identified in several places.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.