A prehistoric hut built on piles driven into the bed or shore of a lake.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Archaeological findings in a lake dwelling site near Dunshaughlin, Ireland, reveal remains of dogs with the same type of skull dating back to the 8th and 9th century.
- Mushrooms and other large varieties of fungus have been eaten since earliest times, as traces of puffballs in the prehistoric lake dwellings of Switzerland, Germany, and Austria show.
- Lochs, and Scotland has 30,000 of them, had defensive lake dwellings called crannogs, founded on timber piles.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Barley's tolerance of many soils and climates has given it wide geographical spread; hence it was a breadcorn of ancient Egypt and Greece, as well as of the lake-dwellers of Glastonbury in Iron Age Britain.
- Many of the yards sport gouges about three feet wide, as if an enormous lake-dweller had surfaced and taken a bite out of the lawn.
Definición de lake dwelling en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda