Definición de lake dwelling en inglés:
A prehistoric hut built on piles driven into the bed or shore of a lake.
- Archaeological findings in a lake dwelling site near Dunshaughlin, Ireland, reveal remains of dogs with the same type of skull dating back to the 8th and 9th century.
- Mushrooms and other large varieties of fungus have been eaten since earliest times, as traces of puffballs in the prehistoric lake dwellings of Switzerland, Germany, and Austria show.
- Lochs, and Scotland has 30,000 of them, had defensive lake dwellings called crannogs, founded on timber piles.
- Example sentences
- Barley's tolerance of many soils and climates has given it wide geographical spread; hence it was a breadcorn of ancient Egypt and Greece, as well as of the lake-dwellers of Glastonbury in Iron Age Britain.
- Many of the yards sport gouges about three feet wide, as if an enormous lake-dweller had surfaced and taken a bite out of the lawn.
Definición de lake dwelling en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia