sustantivo[mass noun] Scottish
- A beating: ‘Give him laldy!’ yelled a voiceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Deafen and blind the Boks, then give them laldy.
give it laldy
- Do something with vigour or enthusiasm: some bairns were giving it laldy with ball and stickMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although he is said to be giving it laldy with the Church choir.
- It's a soggy, there-goes-summer, completely unremarkable Tuesday night, the Chinese-and-chantering restaurant is packed, and Kathleen McDermott is, as they say, giving it laldy.
- I was expecting to see 1994 footage of them playing ‘Shakermaker’ and ‘Supersonic’, giving it laldy.
late 19th century: perhaps imitative, or from Old English læl 'whip, weal'.