Definición de lama en inglés:
1An honorific title applied to a spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism, whether a reincarnate lama or one who has earned the title in life.
- Both Hindus and Buddhists cremate their dead, except for important lamas (Buddhist spiritual leaders), who are buried.
- The local lama (Buddhist spiritual leader) is informed of the birth and the time that it occurred.
- Even if we obtain teachings from such people, they cannot be regarded as spiritual masters or lamas.
2A Tibetan or Mongolian Buddhist monk.
- Ricard, himself a Buddhist lama, is the French translator for the Dalai Lama and has photographed life in Tibet and Nepal for 30 years.
- So the ceremony actually involved five monks - it involved a Sri Lankan monk, a Burmese monk, a Thai monk, a Tibetan lama and an Australian monk.
- Inner Mongolia, like Tibet, is an Autonomous Region of China, and during the Cultural Revolution the Mongolian lamas were forbidden to practice their religion or wear their robes.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia