The system of doctrine and observances inculcated and maintained by lamas; Tibetan Buddhism.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The main religion is Lamaism, which is the Yellow Sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Chinese officials did, however, try to conciliate the nomads by promoting Tibetan Lamaism, the religion of the Mongols.
- In some pastoral areas, the Ewenki believe in Lamaism, the Tibetan form of Buddhism adopted by the majority of Mongols.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Chinese Emperor was the highest patron of Lamaist Buddhism - a concept which allowed the Emperor to think of the Dalai Lama as his client, and the Dalai Lama to think of the Emperor as his disciple.
- Scroll paintings called tanka that depicted the various gods and saints of Lamaist Buddhism decorated every temple.
- There is also a religious justification for the ban in this staunchly Lamaist Buddhist kingdom.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Lama|ism
Definición de Lamaism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda