sustantivo (plural landladies)
- 1A woman who rents out land, a building, or accommodation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It had been difficult to find a landlady willing to rent to us - a jobless teenager and his runaway girlfriend.
- The author also went to great lengths recounting his tough-break with a landlady after renting a house.
- The police used to come and cause trouble and fine the landlady for having rural migrants
- 1.1A woman who keeps lodgings, a boarding house, or (British ) a pub.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I used to be a pub landlady and catering manager, and I can't do it any more.
- She will be especially missed by her locals, who regarded her not as a landlady or a publican but as a friend.
- And - this is the great thing - your small group eats together, in the hotel, at country restaurants or with village landladies.