- Some renewable power can be generated in urban landscapes and on land used for other purposes, such as the roofs of houses, but the bulk will have to be in rural areas.
- They will dominate the landscape and be clearly visible from York.
- European culture and values indelibly shaped the urban and rural landscapes, particularly in terms of the use of space, and the structure and practice of government.
- Parisian street scenes, impressionistic landscapes, Rembrandt and Andy Warhol are popular on the islands these days.
- Exploring on his own, Kox discovered the surrealist work of Salvador Dali and began painting portraits, landscapes, and surrealistic dreamscapes.
- The body of work includes portraits, landscapes and genre paintings that exemplify the various periods of Russian Realist art.
- His goal was to create new categories, to use the vocabulary of landscape and genre paintings for the most consecrated art.
- The works in this exhibition demonstrate that unlike other genres such as landscape or still life paintings, the creation of a portrait was a collaboration.
- They also painted altarpieces and easel paintings for collectors, and developed genres such as landscape.
- He secured votes all over the area and, in the process, helped to transform the political landscape of the region.
- April's general election transformed the political landscape in Northern Ireland.
- A ‘unity ticket’ would have likely swept him into office - and transformed the political landscape as we know it.
- The unusual part is that it is printed in landscape layout.
- Most screens still come in portrait (taller than they are wide) format, but you can also get landscape format machines if these suit your needs better.
- A further three are due to be added before Christmas and all come complete with colour screens capable of displaying content in both portrait and landscape format.
- It also recommends that the service improves its plans for landscaping the site.
- This is a beautifully landscaped area surrounded by mature trees and plenty of space for parking.
- All sites are well landscaped and will be sold fully lawned and planted with trees and shrubs.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These included the strength of the economy, the continued increase in home ownership, the influence of television garden makeover programmes and the shift towards larger and more mature planting by landscapers.
- I wandered down the main road, past the heavy hydraulic vehicle barriers, no-trespassing notices, cameras, and some landscapers making a racket with a leaf-blower.
- It showed that 62% of landscapers found it difficult to find skilled staff, despite its forecast for an additional 5100 workers to join the industry by 2006.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This catalog and show will please the lovers of craftsmanship in black and white photography as well as the followers of a long tradition of American landscapists.
- Palmer was an archetypal English visionary landscapist, and his paintings, drawings and etchings of moonlit wheatfields and flocks of sheep influenced several later artists, among them Graham Sutherland and Lucian Freud.
- Yet this masterful, luminous image places him in the august company of the renowned landscapist John Knox, with whom he worked on a series of views of Glasgow.
Late 16th century (denoting a picture of scenery): from Middle Dutch lantscap, from land 'land' + scap (equivalent of -ship).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: land|scape
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.