The art and practice of laying out grounds in a way which is ornamental or which imitates natural scenery.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- British writers (since Addison and Pope) had paved the way, inventing landscape gardening as a materialization of painting inside nature.
- The aim of the course, according to Teagasc, is to create new opportunities for young people not just in farming but in wider areas, such as landscape gardening and amenity horticulture.
- Stained glass, so essential to Chartres splendour, is now more associated with craft than art; and landscape gardening seems a hobby or design practice rather than Art.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He is a landscape gardener and replanted the gardens and lawns.
- Augusta's son, King George III, employed landscape gardener Capability Brown to extend the gardens in 1766.
- The scheme includes the restoration of the parkland to the designs of the renowned early 19th century landscape gardener, Humphrey Repton.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: land|scape gar¦den|ing
Definición de landscape gardening en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda