(also lanner falcon)
- 1A falcon with a dark brown back and buff cap, found in SE Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Falco biarmicus, family Falconidae
- Many people have flown lanner falcons, but few have had good results taking game with them.
- There are thought to be about a million lanner falcons in the world and they are common through much of southern Europe, the Middle East, south-west Asia and Africa.
- Large and small white egrets, spoonbills, black cranes and the very rare lanner falcons are permanent inhabitants of the near-by, strictly protected bird reserve.
- 1.1 Falconry A female lanner.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We were watching Annie, another centre falconer, luring a young lanner through a pattern of stoops and dives after a pair of meat-garnished, dried wings swung on a long cord.
late Middle English: from Old French lanier, perhaps a noun use of lanier 'cowardly', from a derogatory use of lanier 'wool merchant', from Latin lanarius, from lana 'wool'.
Más definiciones de lannerDefinición de lanner en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.