Definición de lantern jaw en inglés:
A long, thin jaw and prominent chin.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was tall and lean and bald, with a square lantern jaw and extremely dark skin that shimmered in the sweltering heat.
- The huge man's head seemed tiny in comparison to his heavily-muscled body and it sported a lantern jaw, features that might have been carved from stone and dead eyes of the same shade as the smaller hammer man.
- The stern tone of Hoss' voice and the way his lantern jaw was hardening caused the mouth Adam had just opened in protest to shut again without uttering a word.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The living spectre of the macho, lantern-jawed actor who, depending on which source you refer to, may or may not become an octogenarian in October, keeps returning to haunt me like the Holy Ghost.
- There at the lectern stood this tall lantern-jawed man, every inch the twelve-year Marine Corps veteran he was, who looked and spoke just exactly like a bulldogging high school football coach.
- I have been cycling along the beach track for several months now, in the hope that the too-fleshy photo above will soon be replaced by my new, lantern-jawed Californian incarnation.
Definición de lantern jaw en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda