- 1A fold or hanging piece of flesh in some animals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The shape of its edge indicates that the maxilla lacked the posterodorsally reflected lappet present in most other mosasaurs.
- It was identified by its big head and 2 white lappets on the corners of its mouth.
- Amplexograptus praetypicalis is similar to A. maxwelli in it's overall dimensions, but can be differentiated from the latter species by it's much lower lappets, less inverted thecal apertures, and lack of a median septum.
- 1.1A loose or overlapping part of a garment.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the time of swords and periwigs and full-skirted coats with flowered lappets, when gentlemen wore ruffles, and gold-laced waistcoats of paduasoy and taffeta, there lived a tailor in Gloucester.
- One with gray lappets came forward, carrying a tall staff topped with a carved ram head.
- The decorative lappets are red cotton velveteen, folded lengthwise and handsewn closed.
- 2 (also lappet moth) A brownish moth, the hairy caterpillars of which have fleshy lappets along each side of the body.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gastropacha quercifolia and other species in the family Lasiocampidae
- The pine tree lappet moth is a major defoliator of pines and other conifers over much of its natural range.
- Riley's lappet moth is found in southern Michigan along floodplains where its larval host plant, honey locust, grows.
late Middle English (denoting a lobe of the ear, liver, etc.): diminutive of lap1.
Más definiciones de lappetDefinición de lappet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.