Definición de lares en inglés:
Gods of the household worshipped in ancient Rome. See also penates.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Each family home would also have a small altar and shrine. The Romans had personal household gods or spirits called ‘lares’ which were worshipped every day at home.
- In this sacrificial procession, statuettes of the lares and of the Emperor are held by three of the figures on the left.
lares and penates
- A person’s home and household possessions.Oraciones de ejemplo
- He would also have had more loyalty to his own culture - more pietas (respect for the lares and penates).
- No wonder students in the College Programming Office compiled a complementary, unofficial list of lares and penates, ‘Things to Make a Dorm a Home.’
- Throw in white and you resolve at least Leeds and Spurs, and get the colours of St. George - perhaps playing in these colours creates some form of prayer to the lares and penates, or to St. George or England itself?
Palabras que riman con laresprimus inter pares
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia