- 1Generosity in bestowing money or gifts upon others: presumably public money is not dispensed with such largesse to anyone elseMás ejemplos en oraciones
generosity, liberality, munificence, bounty, bountifulness, beneficence, benefaction, altruism, charity, philanthropy, magnanimity, benevolence, charitableness, open-handedness, kindness, big-heartedness, great-heartedness, lavishness, free-handedness, unselfishness, selflessness, self-sacrifice, self-denial• historical almsgiving
- He was quite happy, in fact, to rely upon US training and largesse less than twenty years ago.
- Thus, it turns out that the declaration of ‘independence’ is dependent upon largesse from the oil conglomerates.
- This incredible Federal Reserve largesse did not go unnoticed by the leveraged speculating community.
- 1.1Money or gifts given generously: the distribution of largesse to the local populationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Unfortunately, he said, this government was more interested in distribution of largesse on the basis of patronage.
- In retrospect, Australia's flourishing multiculturalism was built on a fragile base: a booming economy with a wide distribution of its largesse.
- You liked new engines, but management was scrupulous in its distribution of such largesse and your share was minute.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin largus 'copious'.