- Some of us decided that we would ourselves try to discourage larrikins, at least those of them who appeared on our own doorsteps.
- For one thing, the stewards are less tolerant of larrikins these days.
- All of this belies the jocular public persona he presents - the outspoken larrikin with an acerbic wit, strong views, a black sense of humour, a love of food and old American cars, and a loathing of sport.
- On arrival he was struck by the light, the shock jocks that ruled the Sydney airwaves, and - most bizarre of all in a country that prided itself on a rather larrikin disregard for authority - the overriding obedience to rules.
- Telling the story of the label's origins was winemaker Kevin Judd, one of the original larrikin winemakers who was responsible for creating the Cloudy Bay wine style and who continues to be the company's chief winemaker.
- It's visually poetic, whimsical and has a larrikin charm.
Mid 19th century: from English dialect, perhaps from the given name Larry (pet form of Lawrence) + -kin, or from a pronunciation of larking.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: lar¦ri|kin
Definición de larrikin en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.