- An instrument for examining the larynx, or for inserting a tube through it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This may involve direct visual examination of the inside of the larynx with an instrument called a laryngoscope or indirect examination of the airway with a mirror.
- As injury to the mucous membrane of the larynx could occur when an endotracheal tube or a laryngoscope, selected on the basis of western data, is introduced into the larynx of patients.
- As specialists, we visualise the pharynx and upper oesophagus with mirrors and a flexible laryngoscope and use rigid endoscopy under anaesthesia, which is the gold standard for investigation of this difficult area.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Physical examination by the anesthesiology provider during direct laryngoscopy for intubation revealed marked tissue inflammation in the posterior part of the pharynx, including marked edema of the vocal cords.
- Excessive force may distort and obstruct the airway, which potentially impedes laryngoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and mask ventilation after a failed intubation.
- It is difficult to create a single clear visual plane from the mouth through the pharynx to the glottis, thus the potential is greater for difficult laryngoscopy or endotracheal intubation.
Más definiciones de laryngoscopeDefinición de laryngoscope en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.