An instrument for examining the larynx, or for inserting a tube through it.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This may involve direct visual examination of the inside of the larynx with an instrument called a laryngoscope or indirect examination of the airway with a mirror.
- As injury to the mucous membrane of the larynx could occur when an endotracheal tube or a laryngoscope, selected on the basis of western data, is introduced into the larynx of patients.
- As specialists, we visualise the pharynx and upper oesophagus with mirrors and a flexible laryngoscope and use rigid endoscopy under anaesthesia, which is the gold standard for investigation of this difficult area.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Physical examination by the anesthesiology provider during direct laryngoscopy for intubation revealed marked tissue inflammation in the posterior part of the pharynx, including marked edema of the vocal cords.
- Excessive force may distort and obstruct the airway, which potentially impedes laryngoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and mask ventilation after a failed intubation.
- It is difficult to create a single clear visual plane from the mouth through the pharynx to the glottis, thus the potential is greater for difficult laryngoscopy or endotracheal intubation.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: la¦ryn¦go|scope
Definición de laryngoscope en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda