- (Of a substance, especially a gas or crystal) undergo the physical processes employed in a laser; function as or in a laser: the discharge causes the vapor to lase with a pulse of green lightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These points of light do not exhibit coherent properties commonly associated with laser light, although peers agree that the ‘random laser’ does indeed lase.
- They are polar compounds and exhibit a high fluorescence quantum yield and lase efficiently both in liquid and in solid solutions, with some of them outperforming the laser performance of the reference dye Rhodamine 6G.
- ‘There have been many attempts, but no one had been able to get silicon to lase before now,’ notes Bahram Jalali, the physicist who led the U.C.L.A. team.
1960s: back-formation from laser, interpreted as an agent noun.
Más definiciones de laseDefinición de lase en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.