Definición de lasso en inglés:
sustantivo (plural lassos or lassoes)
- She draws a long whip gently across their backs and legs to get them used to ropes and lassos as their forebears would have been.
- Horse brushes were scattered on the floor and ropes and lassos hung from the walls.
- A few moments later, the drums rumbling as we began the march back to the theatre, a gang of cowboys appeared and began roping our walking gents with their lassos.
verbo (lassoes, lassoing, lassoed)[with object] Volver al principio
- School geography books talked of the Pampas, horses were on every page and cattle were lassoed before being killed for the Argentinian staple diet.
- The Kazakh who had guided us from Jiadengyu to Hemu the day before lassoed his horses and wandered through the village, hoping to strike a deal with tourists looking for a horse ride back to Jiadengyu.
- A painting in the first category, The Bronc Rider Started Early, shows a cowboy in a corral lassoing a horse.
lace from Middle English:
This comes from Latin laqueus ‘noose’ which was also found as an early sense in English and is still the basic sense of the Spanish-American equivalent, lasso (mid 18th century). The fine openwork fabric of looping threads was known as lace from the middle of the 16th century. The verb lace, to mean ‘fortify’ and ‘flavour’ as in to lace a drink, is from the late 17th century. Lacerate (Late Middle English) is unrelated, coming from Latin lacerare ‘to mangle, tear’.
Palabras que riman con lassoaccrue, adieu, ado, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, ballyhoo, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, boohoo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, nardoo, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, sou, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wahoo, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.