- A cut made with a delayed action so as to send the ball to the off side behind the wicket.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The story which those who played under him always tell concerns neither his cover drive nor his late cut.
- Not that Dravid, who can execute strokes of classical beauty such as the flowing cover-drive, the delicate late cut, and the delectable flick, does not have shots.
- A master of the lofted late cut, he was also a fine slip fielder.
verboVolver al principio
- (late-cut) [with object] Hit (the ball) with a late cut; hit a ball delivered by (the bowler) with a late cut: Pringle offered Miandad the chance to late-cut him superblyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He went right forward, with a high elbow and a mean look in his eye, to send the ball skimming past cover; he went back to late-cut as if in a sepia newsreel.
- His late-cutting was exquisite and he was resourceful as well, flicking Afridi over Akmal for four, in an exciting short innings of 39 from 30 balls.
- I swear that I saw one at Bath the other day demonstrating how he would late cut in cricket.