Definición de late cut en inglés:
A cut made with a delayed action so as to send the ball to the off side behind the wicket.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The story which those who played under him always tell concerns neither his cover drive nor his late cut.
- Not that Dravid, who can execute strokes of classical beauty such as the flowing cover-drive, the delicate late cut, and the delectable flick, does not have shots.
- A master of the lofted late cut, he was also a fine slip fielder.
verboVolver al principio
(late-cut) [with object] Hit (the ball) with a late cut; hit a ball delivered by (the bowler) with a late cut: Pringle offered Miandad the chance to late-cut him superbly
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He went right forward, with a high elbow and a mean look in his eye, to send the ball skimming past cover; he went back to late-cut as if in a sepia newsreel.
- His late-cutting was exquisite and he was resourceful as well, flicking Afridi over Akmal for four, in an exciting short innings of 39 from 30 balls.
- I swear that I saw one at Bath the other day demonstrating how he would late cut in cricket.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia