Definición de lathe en inglés:
A machine for shaping wood, metal, or other material by means of a rotating drive which turns the piece being worked on against changeable cutting tools.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I take the bulk away with a wood lathe tool, take it down and smooth it out with clay tools, and buff it with a rubber pad.
- High Schools of the day offered some pretty good metal working programs in classrooms outfitted with lathes, milling machines and shapers.
- Visitors were also shown vases that were cast from the same material and turned on a wood lathe.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Shape with a lathe: I have lathed metal in a machine shop
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mandapa remained a square, though it was now distinguished by circular columns, the shafts of which had been lathed and thus acquired a number of parallel knife-edges.
- The place wasn't wealthy: the plates were rough lathed wood, grease from meals soaked into it.
Palabras que riman con lathebathe, rathe, scathe, spathe, swathe
Definición de lathe en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda