- Almost 60 per cent of water was wasted in washing of excess lather from the clothes.
- He got the soap and began rubbing lather over her back.
- I lather up soap in the shower and shave my head using that soap lather.
- White lather covered the horses' flanks and shoulders, but they tossed their heads energetically, eager to run so hard again - running was such fun for them!
- Meadow's coat was a dull grey, covered with sweat, lather and blood.
- Their steeds were coated in lather, after their wild run weaving between the tall ancient trees of Nevermore's forest.
- The soaring profits had the financial press in a lather of excitement.
- More years ago than I care to remember, we worked ourselves into a lather of indignation in student meetings over multinationals, looted funds and bribery in Africa.
- It was an unprecedented reaction to an evening out from Mike, so by the time we arrived on a Friday night in mid-May, I'd managed to work myself up into a lather of anticipation.
- Remove shower cap and work copious amounts of shampoo through your hair before wetting, then lather well.
- When heated and rubbed on gold, it lathers and removes dirt.
- It smells good but doesn't lather thickly.
- Slowly, she lathered her body with the softly scented soap, watching as the water washed it away in rivulets down her arms.
- Jess stepped into the shower and went straight for the soap, beginning to lather it over her body; a feeling of cleanliness washed over her almost immediately.
- She grabbed the soap cake and began lathering it over her body.
- The horse was lathered with sweat, but still had more left.
- The horse was lathered in sweat, nostrils flaring, gulping for breath.
- The horses of the dozen riders were lathered, as they galloped across the drawbridge and into the fortress.
- I arrived in Muker at 7am, the sun was out, so I lathered myself in sun cream so as not to get burned, ten minutes later the rain had washed all the sun cream off again.
- The film features naked women lathering themselves with motor oil.
- She advised that I take a stroll into the centre of town where such epicurean delights as sausage suppers lathered in curry sauce were to be had.
- On Sunday night after giving Leta a bath I lathered her chubby legs and belly with that lotion and I was instantly reminded of the hospital and the time I spent there.
- I haven't been this burnt since my cousin Alice and I lathered our bellies with baby oil and lay out on the trampoline.
- His golden hair wasn't lathered with gel, but rather stuck out in messy clumps, urging girls to run their fingers through the shiny tresses.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The thickened root, a rhizome, can be beaten into a lathery pulp which can be used for soap and shampoo.
- This lathery and luxurious 8 oz. bottle of shower gel is sure to help cleanse and nourish your skin.
- Forget the skin drying messiness of foams and lathery gels and the nicks, cuts, shave bumps and irritation.
Old English læthor was ‘washing soda’ or its froth. Of Germanic origin, lather is related to the Old Norse noun lauthr, from an Indo-European root shared by Greek loutron ‘bath’. The sense ‘agitation’ as in get into a lather dates from the early 19th century.
Palabras que riman con latherfarther, father, rather
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: la¦ther
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.