- A tropical disease marked by tremors, muscular weakness, and paraplegia, especially prevalent in South Asia. It is commonly attributed to continued consumption of the seeds of the grass pea.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another similar disease, lathyrism, is due to toxicity from chickling peas.
- From time to time there is an outbreak of a paralysing disease, lathyrism, among people and animals that consume it.
- Acute lathyrism is not an appropriate model for periodontitis which has a chronic origin.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Lathyrus (genus name of various leguminous plants) + -ism.
Más definiciones de lathyrismDefinición de lathyrism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.