A cell, tissue, or vessel that contains or conducts latex.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This problem could also be caused by the toxic exudates from damaged laticifers that affect the vascular tissues directly.
- However, it should be noted that tyloses are reported in tracheids of some species of Pinus and even in such cell types as fibre-tracheids or laticifers.
- This is no mother's milk, however, but a latex exuded by specialized structures, called laticifers, that are found throughout the plant.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Insects cut veins in plants with arborescent resin canals or in plants with laticiferous ducts that do not reticulate.
- The laticiferous system of the scape consists of several layers of articulated unbranched latieifers.
- These laticiferous tubules are the source of the milky latex that is used to make natural chewing gums and rubber.
Mid 19th century: from Latin latex, latic- 'fluid' + -fer 'bearing'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: la¦tici|fer
Definición de laticifer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda